Saturday, January 8, 2011

As I look into the new year, and yes I realize that its already the 8th, I see a slate that is perfectly clear of mistakes and obligations. Ok so maybe not entirely free of obligations but I think you all know what I'm talking about. It also causes me to reflect on this past year and all of the amazing trips I have been privileged to go on. I read a letter I had written back in December of '09 and in it I had proclaimed that some day I AM going to live in NYC! And no more than 9 months after that I was here! When I wrote that I had no clue that I actually ever would! It was just one of those dreams that we like to tell people but never actually do anything about. God truly is amazing and I stand in awe of how He works things out for me/us. So then I ask myself that if I truly believe that He is in control of everything and I've actually seen Him at work, why is it then that I have such a hard time resting in that? Right now I'm looking at what I'm going to be doing after May and I catch myself worrying about making the wrong choice or even just being overwhelmed by the multitude of choices that are out there. Something that Louie Giglio spoke on at Passion was that its not about WHERE you are at but whose name you are proclaiming. I know this to be a very true statement, but in my human nature I'd still like to pick the best place to  proclaim His name. Even here in the city I'd like to actually KNOW where to invest my time. It seems like I'm doing a lot of personal growing, which don't get me wrong is amazing, but I'd like to invest in the lives around me as well. I guess I'm being brutally honest with you guys and letting you all know that even though I know a lot of the "right" answers, it's a lot harder to live them out than some people make it out to be. Now don't get me wrong I am loving life and I AM excited about what God has up His sleeve for me, its just I forget to rest in Him. So maybe if you think about me breathe a little prayer that I wouldn't get all caught up in my future and forget to live today.

No comments:

Post a Comment