Monday, November 29, 2010
Details.
White puffy clouds. A child's mischievous smile. Christmas lights. The smell of Indian food from the apartment I'm walking past. Umbrellas and rain boots. These are the things I have been thinking about lately. Ok so maybe not these exact things but the little details that make up our everyday life that can get missed so easily! I was reminded the other night of how God is in the details of our life. So often I think of God in the BIG decisions I have to make or in the howling storm, but the other night while I was contemplating life God reminded me of how He is in the details as well. He causes the sun to shine so that I can cheerily walk down the sidewalk and smile as I pass people. He lets the smells of food waft past my nose so I can appreciate the culture around me. He isn't standing in the sidelines of my life just hoping that I make it through round of my life. He sees me cry and laugh and praise and eat and talk and delights in me. He delights in the me of that moment not the me twenty years from now too. He sees me for who I am right now and loves me just as much as if I had the wisdom of my grandma. That fact alone astounds me. So today I will remember the details and walk down the street with a twinkle in my eye and a spring in my step because I know that even though I may not have it all together the one who does is holding my hand beside me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
love it, holly! thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteVery well said, Holly!
ReplyDeletegreat thinking, my Holly! Love MOM
ReplyDelete