Saturday, November 13, 2010

beginnings.

To be perfectly honest this whole blog thing scares the tar outta me. I've never been much of a writer and the thought of putting my thoughts on paper (or a blog) for all to see slightly terrifies me. That being said, here goes nothing...

As many of you know I've been living up here in the big city since September. I helped cook and clean at the training center for a little over 5 weeks. Before I came up here I told God that I wouldn't mind you know if He would let me stay up here. :) While we were cooking I got to know one of the girls taking lto (long-term orientation) fairly well and she told me she was staying on as an intern after lto. I started asking some questions about it all and she strongly encouraged me to talk to Bob Miller who is the director of the Mission Training Center, where I was a cook. After talking to mom and dad about this I finally got up the nerve to talk to Bob. When I asked him when would be a good time to come up here and be an intern he paused for about two seconds and looks at me and says, "now!" I was kind of surprised because somehow I didn't think this would all work out so easily. I told him that I would pray about it some more and talk to my parents about it and so I called up my parents again and asked them what they thought about it all and they told me that they weren't against it and if I felt God leading me in this direction then they would bless me in this decision. They thought though that maybe I should sell my car so I wouldn't have that expense as well while I was in NYC. I wasn't so sure my car would sell that easily but I prayed about it and just left it at that. Dad put it up for sale on craigslist and within a week of it being on there it was sold! Major answer to prayer! To top things off a lady was moving out of an apartment down the street and I could move in with two other ladies that go to my church! I could not have planned it any better! Though I do not know for sure what God wants me to focus on while I am here, I am sure of the fact that He has placed me up here and I want to be faithful to that call. So that is how it all began, well kinda (how it first started is another subject all together).

So with that I want to ask you, what brought you to where you are in life?
If anyone wants to share their stories with me, feel free to cause I love stories!

1 comment:

  1. Awww, Holly this is going to be a great way to hear from you - I can't wait to read more posts! :)

    ReplyDelete