Wednesday, November 28, 2012

a new chapter

In the past few months a few things have become a little clearer for me. 
Mind you just a FEW. 
One of this few things has been God's heart for the orphan, namely those with special needs. Seeing God's heart for these children along with the heart's of those who have already adopted these precious children had opened my eyes and heart to their plight. Over the past few months I have been reading blogs written by mothers (and fathers) who have answered the call to mother these children. Many times I have been moved to tears reading about their struggles and their joys. I would find myself in front of my computer wiping tears away and wondering what is wrong with me, why am I crying? Then this morning I found myself in the exact same position of wiping tears away and thinking, "Good grief, get yourself together Holly!"  and then it hit me if I am wiping tears away I bet God is doing the same. These are His creations who he lovingly fashioned and knows by name and His heart hurts way more for them than mine does. Even as I think this and know that he has everything under control, I keep coming back to what can I do for them right now? Here I am a single, 22 yr old woman who is in school and barely has time for people she does know much less for those she doesn't! Surely I can't do anything. Then I thought of this blog. Maybe, just maybe, through posting on here about different organizations, children, and other blogs I can open up the world of adoption to those of you who read this. Either that or it can be a place where I share my journey in this world of adoption and you can just come along for the ride. The only thing I ask of you is that you pray with me that we would not live with our eyes closed but rather with eyes opened to what God is doing around the world and that you consider your part in this grand story of life. 

"Father, may our hearts be soft to hear when you are speaking to us and strong enough to follow the journey through until the end."

p.s. here is a link to a blog that brought me to tears this morning... :)
http://www.nogreaterjoymom.com/2012/11/this-one-too-is-our-problem.html?spref=fb

1 comment:

  1. IT IS GREAT TO SEE HOW GOD IS TOUCHING YOUR HEART, HOLLY. KEEP IT SOFT AND LET HIM MOLD YOU AS HE WILLS. PSALM 37:4&5
    4 Take delight in the Lord,
    and he will give you your heart’s desires.
    5 Commit everything you do to the Lord.
    Trust him, and he will help you.
    MAY GOD RICHLY BLESS YOU. UNCLE STEVE

    ReplyDelete